Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Dreamt of You

I dreamt about you last night.

It’s not quite clear what my dream was about. It seemed a bit lost in the past. As if I were leaving Scotland again, or something.

All I know is that I was leaving a place – a house, Japanese style walls – and ahead of me was someone I kinda new. I was heading down a path that led into the woods. As I looked back, I saw you, striding along, as you always did. I don’t remember what you were wearing, but I do know you at least had a bag on your back.

I quickly faced forward again, not wanting you to know that I had spotted you. I feared the reaction I would get if you recognized me, and so I quickened my steps, as I continued forward along the path. Vaguely, I recall I was heading toward a beach, but I did not plan on staying at the beach. I think it was just on the way to my destination. But perhaps you were heading for the beach.

My strides were no match for your long ones, and soon I could hear you behind me.

As you began to pass me I looked up – just as you were looking down to see who you were passing. Instant recognition crossed your face, and then you were smiling, the smile slowly getting larger.

“Hi,” I said timidly, not knowing what else to say.

And your grin got larger, as you replied, “Hi. How have you been?”

And so we bantered back and forth as I blushed in your presence, and then you hinted at wanting to see me later that night. And that I knew where to find you.

Our arms brushed, and my heart skipped a beat, and you continued along down the path. You looked back once, your blue eyes crinkling with your perfect smile. And then you were gone and I had butterflies in my stomach when I realized that you wanted to see me, you wanted to be with me that night. I felt accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment