Thursday, July 2, 2009

Musings on Batty People

We all know how obsessed I can get with things I love.

I… love to obsess.

It keeps me sane (well, one could debate that I suppose), and I guess it’s a security blanket of sorts.

The things I tend to obsess about will never affect me like a real person could. Therefore, my obsessions can never hurt me – unlike a few choice people in my life.

But my obsessions only go so far.

I don’t believe in stalking people, and I don’t believe in going out of my way to find information on my favourite celebrities. If the information is to be had, I can find it on Google, or at a handful of message boards and websites.

Nor do I act like I’m the only person in the world who knows what they’re talking about when it comes to my obsessions. Unless someone is clearly stating a false fact (that I know to be false because I have researched the topic properly and know the exact correct fact), I will take everything a person says at face value. Because maybe I am wrong and they are right. There is always that issue.

Recently, a certain person, has finally removed her mask and has proven that she’s just as batty and extremely fanatical as I thought. And not only is she batty and fanatical, but she tried making jabs at me. She tried her damndest to make me out to be the bad guy in our little argument.

I’d love to quote some of the tweets she put up about “taking the higher road” and “being the mature one”, but upon inspection, she seems to have deleted all of said remarks. In fact, she’s deleted the entire fight. Gee, I wonder why. Perhaps because it really did make her seem like she was not the one taking the higher road?

I hate to break it to her, but I’m the one who refrained from showing precisely how much her insulting behaviour on Twitter affected me. I did not ban her from my board. I did not let her behaviour outside my message board affect my judgment of her membership to the board. So tell me, how does that reflect upon me?

I would like to think I was the one being fair. I like to think I’m the one who actually reads what people write, and do not interrupt conversations with my own topics. It’s unfair, it’s rude, and it’s downright annoying. But I certainly don’t do that. Thank goodness.

Not only did we have an out-and-out brawl on Twitter, but this woman truly is batty. She had a little spat with my wonderful friend, and it really got him wound up, and I don’t like seeing him in that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment